No smartphone deliveries from tomorrow as MHA revises e-commerce order | Technology News,The Indian Express

By: Tech Desk | New Delhi |

}) jQuery(".editor-details, .editor").hover(function () {},function () { var dividhide = '#'+jQuery( this ).attr( 'id' ); jQuery( "#div_written_by_parent" ).html(""); jQuery( "#div_written_by_parent" ).hide(); });



Updated: April 19, 2020 2:47:44 pm

Throwing a spanner in the works of smartphone and other gadget makers who were planning to relaunch sales after April 20, the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) on Sunday said the supply of non-essential goods by e-commerce companies will remain prohibited during the national lockdown, which will be lifted on May 3. Realme and Xiaomi were both planning to launch new smartphones in India next week.

Not just smartphone makers, e-commerce players like Flipkart were also preparing to open up its platform to take new smartphone orders. In fact, Flipkart had already announced that it would start delivering smartphone orders from April 20, 2020.

As per guidelines issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) last week, e-commerce companies were not allowed to deliver smartphones and other electronic goods to customers in areas that do not fall under COVID-19 hotspots from April 20. However, on April 15, the government issued new guidelines as per which e-commerce companies like Flipkart, Amazon, and Snapdeal were allowed to operate with permissions for vehicles.

Flipkart and Amazon have not reacted to the MHA’s new guidelines. In a statement, Xiaomi India MD, Manu Jain, said: “We are studying this, and will update you soon. We will of course follow all governments guidelines.”

A Realme spokesperson sent the following statement when we asked about MHA’s new guidelines that bars supply of non-essential items by e-commerce companies during the lockdown period.

“We are evaluating the situation and decision about the launch of the much-awaited Narzo series and online sales of our other smartphones will be made by tomorrow.”

“The govt’ s decision to continue with the restrictions on ecommerce from 20th April is a very impractical and inexplicable move,” said Arvind Singhal, chairman of retail consultant Technopak Advisors.

📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines

For all the latest Technology News, download Indian Express App.

This content was originally published here.

New Ecommerce rules: Losses of Amazon and Flipkart to go up due to FDI policy: Report - Times of India

July 29, 2020

6 Surprising Ways to Make Your First E-Commerce Sale (Infographic)

July 29, 2020

Leave a Reply