– Sell directly through E-commerce platforms or website.
– Limited product choice, tax/duty is higher than traditional import, Cash on Delivery (CoD) service is not always supported.
– Import: Express customs by E-commerce regulations.
– Sales & Marketing: Not supported.
– Shipping: International shipping services.
Advisable for common products and for businesses wanting to test new markets. The products can be stocked at Hong Kong’s fulfillment hub with various cost-efficient shipping channels.
Advisable for companies who want to expand and scale up their business while being in control of the sales channels and marketing strategies.
– Sell goods in large quantity to a local distributor.
– Limited control over product branding & distribution line.
– Import: The distributor will be responsible for import procedures.
– Sales & Marketing: Executed by the distributor.
– Shipping: Local last-mile & Cash on Delivery (CoD).
Advisable for brands and manufacturers with the need to expand, but don’t have restrictions over sales channels or marketing strategies.
This content was originally published here.